Friday, May 22, 2009

I got A job!!!

Yeah people.....I am so happy....finally got a job....It's an Accounts Assistant position at Robinson!!!

Will start work on the 17th of June....after more than a month of unemployed....I am really broke...can't imagine what will happen if i still can't get a job...alright....blame it on my high expenses...have been getting use of spending all the money that i have earn....well....i learn my mistake AGAIN....and have AGAIN come to realize the importance of saving money...

Next...went Sentosa today with my "DAY" buddies ( Yan Liang and Peng Yong)....alright for those who have yet to know...Me, Yan Liang and Peng Yong form a band...and it's call 3 Days!!!

Yan Liang = Yesterday, Me = Today and Peng Yong = Tomorrow

So...catch us at 绝对 superband!!!

Well....went Sentosa for interview....Peng Yong and I have apply to almost all the positions which are available on the website, careers@sentosa....some example of the position that we applied are Accounts/Admin Assistant, Fiancial Assistant, Tour Guide, Attraction Host & Blah Blah Blah...well...I am more interested in those position that can help in my resume ( meaning those fiancial postition or accounts position)...the rest....i just apply for fun...never expect them to shortlist me or what...but who know...they really make us went for an interview for a Attraction Host position!!!!

Althrough I already got a job at Robinson....I still went for the interview for the position of Attraction Host...think it's gonna be fun....was thinking that working at Sentosa...it's gonna be so coolz....ahahaha....maybe i can work part-time??? Well....I kinda like interacting and mingle with people...and I am sure that working at Sentosa is gonna be a fun experience...and sure gonna make new friends...i love making friends....

So... it was a group interview....there are 7 of us....3 guys and 4 gals...all 7 of us are students...from SIM, NUS and Temasek Poly...2 person in charge interview us...and to become an Attraction Host in sentosa wasn't as easy as i tot it wld be...7 of us were asked to talk about ourselves, why we choose to work in sentosa, what we know about sentosa and blah blah blah...it's not a short introduction....it's a long one...and i admit that i am nervous....and I think that the other 6 candiates speaks better than me....I dun even know what am I talking...wonder do they know???

So what's the role of an Attraction host?? According to the person in charge...we need to Mingle with guests and provide front-line guest service at the attractions, share information on Attractions to guests, provide guided tours when necessary. Assist guests with directions and on-island information....and we need to ensure the operation of museum and machines are running smooth ( if there are any )

Alright...The job-scope is gonna be so different from an Accounts Assistant...but I am kinda interested....i think it's not gonna be as boring as working in the office dealing with never-ending figures.... well...maybe i enjoy dealing with people than dealing with boring figures...maybe i should study Hospitality and Tourism...well...maybe...

Ok....if we are shortlisted after the interview....that doesn't mean we will be working at Sentosa...we still have to go thru Orientation and a 3 days Trial working with an IC...if at the end of the 3 days trial...the IC thinks that we are not suitable for the job....we will have to pack up and leave the island....so ya.....not as easy as i tot it would be...well...

I already got an accounts job at Robinson....so.....well...Sentosa mangement will contact us within 2 weeks after the interview....well....till then....we shall see!!!


No comments: